E took his first steps on Monday while I was in New York. He hasn't repeated the feat, but it won't be long. He's so itching to keep up with the big kids. Today when I dropped them off at day care, K's class was out on the playground so we went outside. E wanted no part of being held, he wanted DOWN to play with the big kids. Unfortunately, the big kids don't watch where they are going, so I didn't put him down. He was MAD!
New York. I'm developing a love/hate relationship with NYC. I went up Monday morning to attend the New York Women in Communications Matrix Awards. That was phenomenal!!! Oh my gawd! To be in the presence of such accomplished, yet humble women was very neat. To give you a glimpse of the caliber of folks involved, here are some of the award winners and the folks they asked to present the award to them:
- Linda Greenhouse (has covered the Supreme Court for 40 years for The New York Times), presented by Arthur Sulzberger, Jr (4th generation Sulzberger to run The New York Times).
- Ruth Reichl (Editor-in-Chief of Gourmet magazine), presented by Wolfgang Puck
- Robin Roberts (Co-Anchor of Good Morning America), presented by Diane Sawyer
- Anna Deavere Smith (playwright, actor, educator), presented by Bill Irwin (actor, Mr. Noodle on Sesame Street for those with kids)
- Anne Sweeney (President of the Disney-ABC Television Group), presented by Bob Woodruff (ABC News Correspondent)
- Diane Von Furstenberg, presented by Christiane Amanpour (Chief International Correspondent, CNN)
- Joannie Danielides (PR Executive who has worked with Bill Blass, Random House, and Ronzoni among others), presented by Donna Hanover (Co-host, WOR's The Morning Show, and former first lady of New York)
- Susan Gianinno (Chairman and CEO of Publicis, USA an advertising firm), presented by Maurice Levy (Chairman and CEO of Publicis Groupe)
1 comment:
Vicki,
The boys are getting big! I had no idea you had a blog....meanie! :-)
I wanna see more of the boys. My life can be seen on my myspace page Lori_bel
Love you!
Post a Comment