Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dentist Visit, Child Care, and Three Year Olds

Woo hoo!!  No cavities!  The dentist demon is slayed for another 6 months.

I've been looking around at other day cares in town, to see what our options are.  Maybe that should be what our option is.  Sigh.  Can you say "Wait List"?  Wait lists a mile long.  There's nothing wrong with our current day care; we actually like it a lot.  But if something were to happen to my job, we'd have to move them since it's a company sponsored day care.  It's pretty frustrating when you call 50+ places and almost all of them pretty much laugh at the suggestion that they might have openings for 2 kiddos.  The ones that do aren't exactly where I'd really want the kids.  Some have atrocious inspection reports.  One about made me lose my dinner the other night with the repeated "insect and rodent infestation" reports.  UGH!  If you want to make good money, come open a clean, engaging child development center in Atlanta.

I love my three year old.  I do.  But sometimes, wow, I want to run away.  This weekend he pushed every button we both had, numerous times, stomped on them.  I don't know what was up, he cried at the drop of a hat, couldn't make up his mind about anything (I want peanut butter and jelly, NOOOOOO no peanut butter, WAHHHH where's my peanut butter you ate my peanut butter, I want just jelly NOOOO peanut butter, rinse repeat).  Terrible Twos?  Make the threes look tame.  Thankfully, my precious child has returned and has been a joy to be around.  He's so much fun to watch grow.

The 10 month old is now pulling up and cruising around.  There's no slowing him down.  Where his brother was content to crawl a little bit here and there, E likes to explore whatever floor he's on.  Floor as in first floor or second floor of the house.  I expect he'll be standing on his own and walking very soon now.  He's definitely going to be more daring than his older brother.  I look forward to see what he becomes.

No comments: